Please read these guidelines carefully before you enter the competition.
- Any student (grade 7~12) enrolled in a Chinese language class in Arizona schools can enter
- Only one submission is allowed per student
- A maximum of 3 students can be in one video (you will be entered together)
- Theme/Topic: any topic of the student’s choosing in any of the following formats:
1) Tell a story
2) Play out a skit OR
3) Do a performance
- Language requirement: Chinese
- Time requirement: 3 minutes maximum
- Copyrighted or inappropriate content materials should not be used in the video
- Legal/royalty free images and music can be found at:
- All videos should be uploaded on YouTube (click here for instructions)
- For the students’ privacy and safety, uploading your video as “unlisted” is highly recommended (see screen-cap below). Provide the link of your video when you enter the competition (your video will only be visible to those you share the URL/link with)
- We cannot accept audio recordings
- Free editing software includes iMovies or Windows Movie Maker. Remember that we are judging videos based more on creativity and content, not your video-editing skills.
Deadline for submission: 9:00 p.m., Thursday, September 10, 2015
Judging Criteria for Best Video & Best Original and Adapted Screenplay
50% Creativity – Video is creative, original and unique.
35% Content Quality – Video title and theme make good use of the Chinese language
15% Production Quality – Video is well planned with smooth transitions, edits, sound and visual elements
- Best Video
- Best Original Screenplay
- Beset Adapted Screenplay
- Best Music and Animated Feature
- Best Production and Film Editing
These awards will be presented at the ASU Tempe Campus on Saturday, September 26, 2015. Award recipients will receive trophies as recognition. All winners will be notified directly no later than September 18, 2015. A complete list of winners will be posted on the Confucius Institute website.
When you have your video ready, head over to this page to enter the competition.